Green tea is the salubrious beverage on the earth. It consists antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body. Here are top 10 health benefits of green tea that have been confirmed in human research studies.
1. Consist of Bio active Compounds : Bio active compounds are found in both plant and animal products. A bio-active compound is a compound that has an effect on a living organism, tissue or cell. Like polyphenols phytosterols, phytoestrogens, etc. which has been studied to treat various diseases and may be one of the main reasons green tea has such powerful medicinal properties.
2. Burns Fat and Improve Body function : To burn fat, it must first be broken down in the fat cell and moved into the bloodstream. The active compounds in green tea can aid in this process by boosting the effects of some fat burning hormones. The active compounds in green are EGCG, can help inhibit an enzyme that breaks down the hormone nor-epinephrine.
3. Protect your body : Like the paint that keeps your home furniture from rusting, tea’s antioxidants protect your body from the devastation of aging and the effects of pollution.
Read Also : 10 Facts About Swine Flu
4. Strong Bones : Milk is not added to tea that builds strong bones.It is found that people who drank tea for 10 or more years had the strongest bones, even after adjusting for age, body weight, exercise, smoking and other risk factors. This is the work of tea’s many beneficial phytochemicals.
5. Better for Diabetic Patients : Green tea is found good for diabetic Patient of type 2 diabetic. Regular consumption of Green tea leads to decrease in the sugar level.
6. Protection against Cancer : The poly-phenols and the antioxidants found in tea, has cancer-fighting effects. While the overall research is non- conclusive, there are enough studies that shows the potential protective effects of drinking tea to make adding tea to your list of daily beverages against cancer.
7. Make You Sharp and Active : Green tea does more than just keep you awake, it can also make you smarter and active. The key active ingredient is caffeine, which is a known stimulant.
8. Protect from Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s : Green tea can not only improve brain function in the short term, it also protects your brain in old age. Alzheimer’s disease is the most common neurodegenerative disease in humans and a leading cause of dementia. Parkinson’s disease is the second most common neurodegenerative disease and involves the death of dopamine producing neurons in the brain. It is Found that the catechin compounds in green tea can have various protective effects on neurons in test tubes and animal models, potentially lowering the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
Read Also : Top 10 Best Health Benefits of Bananas
9. Reduce Your Risk of Heart Disease : Cardiovascular diseases, including heart disease and stroke, are the biggest causes of death in the world. Green tea also increases the antioxidant capability of the blood, which protects the LDL cholesterol particles from oxidation, which is one part of the pathway towards heart disease.
10. Increases your metabolism : Some people complain about a slow metabolic rate and their inability to lose weight. Green tea has been shown to actually increase metabolic rate so that you can burn 70 to 80 additional calories by drinking just five cups of green tea per day.